It is a new year. Welcome to 2014. This is a time where may people make decisions and resolutions. One of your goals may be to buy your first home or maybe due to your family growing, sell your old home and by a new house. If this is the case, I would like to address preventive maintenance on your home, especially if you plan on selling it. If you are selling your home, these are just some items that should be taken care of in the home in order to get it ready.
- Change your smoke detector batteries.
- Clean out your AC drain and put chemical in place to avoid buildup of slime.
- Clean both your inside and outside coils on your AC
- Clean your windows inside and out
- Check toilet valves for leakage and replace if necessary
- Replace or repair any caulk in all wet areas
- Check washing machine hoses for cracks and replace if necessary
- Clean dryer vent from dryer to outside connection
- Replace any missing light bulbs throughout home inside and outside.
- Clean all HVAC Vents
- Choose one room to freshen up either by new paint or full rehab
- Pressure clean the outside of the home from the soffits down to the concrete driveway and sidewalls (don’t forget the concrete pad by your ac and pool equipment)
- Time bushes and trees
- Have water system checked, clean and chlorinate the lines and well
- Clean debris out of gutters and check for missing or broken pieces or downspouts.
- Check your sprinkler system for any broken sprinkler heads
- Check your timers for sprinkler and or pool for correct operation and times
- Do a security check around perimeter of home and make any adjustment necessary (motion lights, etc.)
- Check all windows and screen for proper operation and fix and broken locks or screens
- Check outside of home for cracks and seal and paint any that need it.
Whether you are getting ready to sell your home or you are just maintaining the one you already have, there are things that need attention on at least an annual basis. Preventative maintenance is the key to keeping your home value rising.
So whether for buying, selling or just keeping up with what you have, I am here for you. I live in Lehigh Acres, FL and I love my city. Let’s all work together to make 2014 a great year for Lehigh Acres, Florida.
Lastly, if you are looking to purchase a home in Lehigh Acres, FL, please contact me, Tanya Aldridge. “Helping you unlock the doors to the perfect mortgage loan”